Wednesday, July 11, 2007

As I was working out at the gym this morning, I caught sight of many young kids who are in summer camps now. Okay, I admit... I purposely did the cross trainer right infront of the rock wall so as to see the children in action.

My friends who are in USA with me call me paedophilic... haha... but i do love my Tanglin Halt kids alot. Seeing those children in their summer camp reminded me alot of the Tanglin Halt camps where the children comes in different characteristics and looks, but one thing : nothing can match their innocence.

The lack of updates in this blog can be attributed to my dislike for technology. I am not a blogger by nature and this blog was started so as to keep accountable to the SYTs back home. I prefer writing by hand and it's only in my own personal writing then can I pen down the deepest feelings and emotions. The blogosphere is just too transparent and too intimdating for a private writer like me.

Nonetheless, as I was sorting out my photos yesterday, I realised that I have left home for about a month. I have been in Los Angeles for about 3 weeks already and week after week have been filled with activities. I have visited two churches in the last two sundays and it really reassures me that no matter where we are, we worship the one same true God. Standing in church, praising Him, worshipping Him with our hands lifted high has never felt better. It was a refreshing touch to go to church in US. Thank God for bringing me Christians as well as a church. I miss my close relationship with Him but I know that He is with me no matter where I go.

So, an update of what I have been doing so far :







Picture 1 & 2: At universal studios. It was really fun, chiong-ing around sitting all the different thrill rides.

Picture 3 &4 :At LA getty mueseum which is free for all visitors. This mueseum is fantastic as it is situated beautifully admist mountains and the landscape itself is so beautiful. When I visited, they were showcasing " Cruxification" as one of their art pieces. Very enchanting oil pieces.

Picture 5: I did a very embarrassing thing by going onto LA national TV. I was at the red carpet premier of "hairspray" that stars John Travolta, Zac Efron, Michelle Pieffer, Amanda Bynes and Queen Latifah. Honestly, I only like John Travolta but when Zac Efron came out, I just joined in the shouting. And I got all their signatures because I was acting so groupie. How embarrassing can this get, considering that celeb journ was never one of my forte.

And a shout-out to all my SYTs down there, I have received the Sunday Times and holding it in its phyiscal form never felt any better. I may have good Sunday Times everyday. But what beats Sunday Times and just my own home news?

You girls rock. And I pray that God will renew you and us through this baptism and you will blessed others in the worship conference.

Thank you:)

No comments: