Thursday, June 28, 2007

Praise be to my Father alone

Every morning, I will switched my Sim card over to my Singapore number to check the daily messages that you girls sent me. I have just finished doing QT and my phone started beeping with your daily word, I thank God for you girls.

Today was extra special as a Tanglin Halt kid send me this message : " I have a question for you. If Jane has 28 apples and she bought them at 45 cents each, how much does she has to pay? And, why were you not at tuition yesterday?"

Just this little thing warms my heart and added some colour to my morning.

I was feeling far from God in the past few days as I settled into LA and was caught in the busy-ness of school, checking out their transportation, washing clothes, losing myself in the big campus etc etc. I can rattle off thousand of things that take my time, but I know there are no excuses to just spend time with God. If you can go to the supermarket to get your food, what's with the time spending with His word which is the bread of life. This morning, I had a fruitful time with the Lord and He spoke so much to me that it made me ashamed but loved at the same time.

I have already been in LA for the past three days and school has been alright. The usual American school with all the sports culture and what not. What really caught my interest is the nice old buildings though.

The last day before I left for LA, I was in San Fran Gay Pride Parade. San Fran honours their gays and lesbians and even the government has set special protocol for fair treatment given to them and their families. America has reached a state where homesexuality is a norm and openess to it is a measure of your character towards others who are different from you.

I was there for the experience and although at some parts, the floats were really pretty, I have to constantly remind myself how homosexuality is not part of God's plan. The homosexuals themselves are however cool about their identity and in fact pride themselves as one big family.Throughout the parade,condoms were being handed out and I was pretty disgusted by those free giveaways.








This scene is something which is very real to me. God reminded me that this will be a likely situation I will be in when I worked in Journalism in the future. I will be faced with things and issues that conflict with His word and also my beliefs. In the media industry, there will be much more of this to come. I believe many of you are going through this now, especially Joyce, Bella and Jas who are on internship. I think this is call the "mid-youth" syndrome!

There is one picture I posted which shows a church supporting homosexuality. It still baffles me at how this whole idea came about as from what I understood from my faith so far, it does not go in line with the preachings. I am just discouraged by the message that he will be sending out ot the rest of America on how Christianity/Catholism can go hand in hand with homosexuality. Like what many pointed out, homosexuality is a personal choice and although I might not agreee with it, I do not discriminate.

In one corner of the parade, a man was bravely preaching about God's judgement on homosexuality. I would like to applaude his courage and will to spread God's word. I pray that God will protect Him and guide him as he braves the fire to preach about Jesus and never be discouraged by any trials or abuse from man. May God be with him.

I know that you girls are going through baptism soon and I pray that whatever spiritual warfare you are going through, know that you can make it through with Christ and He will make you stronger at the end. Satan might have his ways and God's ways are stronger than anyone else. He will help you and lead you through the baptism where you will be cleansed and renewed in His spirit. I am always praying for you girls and let's all trust in God to walk us through our journey with Him. He loves us more than we know.

And this is an image I got from God this morning: God reminded me that even I might be walking in the dark streets and dangers are lurking around, all lights can go out but He will be the brightest lamp to walk me home and ensure that I am safe. Men and things of the world can be like the rest of the lamps who might flicker or be dim when they have no energy left or just waste away as they are temporary, but God is ever-lasting and His faithfulness will always shine.

Praise Him and I pray that God will be with you always.

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gorgeous* said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
God's princesses said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janus Goh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.